I Can See September From Here
And I'm pretty sure you can probably see it from your house too. Can you believe it? I don't want to say summer is over (because September has been known to produce some nice hot days), but needless to say, we all tend to "wake up" a bit and kick it back in to gear when September hits.
So what does this all mean? Here are 5 things to think about as you sip down a few energy drinks, put the pool toys away and shut off the air conditioners in favor of some good old fashioned fresh air:
1. This IS the 4th quarter. I know it isn't technically/literally, but, let's face it—this is the home stretch! Put your lead generation methods to the test and make your 2011 goals.
2. Quit goofing around. Time to make some tough decisions and "act" on those decisions. If you're considering an integrated marketing communications program, do it! Now's the time while your team is fresh, ready to get moving and motivated to make an impact on 2011.
3. There is still time! I just bought you an extra month. No, this isn't the 4th quarter, but if you treat it as though it is, you still have time to implement a personalized direct marketing program and get some results by the end of the year.
4. Social Media is not a fad! Ok, so this is more of a statement. But, trust me, if you are not either knee deep, sold, but haven't begun, or at least strongly considering a social media strategy as part of your corporate marketing communications plan, you're missing the boat. And it is quickly sailing away.
5. Just like the NFL, a shortened off-season can work! So you've condensed everything into 4 short months. It can be done. If you're implementing a marketing and sales support initiative, or considering fulfillment outsourcing, the window is open and the fresh air is pouring in. But the air is getting colder and before you know it, you'll have no choice but to shut it.
If you want to talk, you know how to reach me!